Ever fancied having paella but never had enough time (and patience) to stir and stir and stir for hours? Here’s a quick recipe. You’d be done in 30 minutes. =) I really enjoyed cooking this. Shame I can't cook this tonight as it's Meatless Monday!
- Cook the prawns separately. You can either boil them in a water and beer/lemonade mixture or steam them in stock.
- Cook rice and frozen peas separately, both in stock.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and cook the onion, pepper and garlic until soft.
- Stir in the cooked rice, red pepper and saffron and paprika until well mixed.
- Add the peas for the last few minutes until heated through. Season, stir through the parsley.
- Top with your prawns and serve with the lemon wedges.